Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Guinness Draught - 健力士黑生啤酒 - iontas!

And now we interrupt this program for a news bulletin. It's a boy! First reaction in Gaelic: "iontas!" And quite a healthy, bouncing one at that. So, without further delay, a salute to his health and that of the mother with a fine beer.

Only way to drink it (if not at a pub in Ireland) is from the Nitro can.



Decent head remained throughout. Here's to his mother who was a trooper throughout it all.

Here's to his weight and length, above the chart lines.

Here's to helping raise Taiwan's world-low fertility rate of 0.895%.
Good to the last drop. Here's to increasing the average number of kids per couple.


Beer type:  stout
Alcohol content:  4.2%
Price for 440cc Nitro can:  N$76-85

Rating (an event like this has to get 10):  

1 comment:

  1. Guinness. I haven't had that in something like forever. They used to sell Murphy's Irish Stout for some unexplainable reason at one of the local 7-11s, but it quickly disappeared from Taitung. I would kill for another Murphy's, but I would gouge out someone's eye for a Guinness. You ever had Arrogant Bastard Ale? I miss that beer deeply. It's not my favorite heavy beer (that honor would go to Elysium's "Dragontooth"), but it's damn good. This talk of Guinness has got me guessing when I can have a decent dark beer again.

    ReplyDelete